The Eternal

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Eternal

The Eternal of Dominion WoW

RP Combat System

Nixxiom
    Nixxiom
    Admin

RP Combat System Empty RP Combat System

Post  Nixxiom Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:08 pm

"I R SO GEWD AT PVP SO THAT MAKE ME GOOD AT RP DUEL LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOL!" -Some Nub-

RP Combat System Fightpic-1

Here in the Eternal we have an smooth and well laid out RP combat system that everyone should learn. This deals with /roll's to determine hits and parries. Read and remember it.

------------------------------------------

Lets start with the basics in terms of RP-combat. First of all, you can never say you actually hit the individual with an emote. I cannot say: "Nixxiom stabs Rees through the chest with his sword." That would be a UCA (Unauthorized Combat Action). Instead I must attack him by using an emote such as this: "Nixxiom slices towards Rees with his sword in an attempt to cut him across the chest." This gives Rees a chance to defend against my attack and make an attack of his own.
    In RP combat you're allowed a Movement, a Defense, or an Action. You can use two of these in a single emote or use double of a single one of them. For example: "Nixxiom raises his shield to defend against Rees' attack (Defense), while taking a few steps back to avoid the oncoming assault of Belgarath as he charges him (Movement)." I could also do something such as: "Nixxiom swings his sword at REES to strike him across the chest (Action) while spinning and attempting to cut down BELGARATH in the same strike (Action)." In this case, I'd be attacking two people at once.

***WHEN ATTACKING SOMEONE NEW OR TWO PEOPLE AT ONCE CAPITALIZE THEIR ENTIRE NAME IN THE EMOTE SO THAT PERSON CAN SEE THE ATTACK AGAINST THEM!***

Now when you do in fact attack an individual how do you determine if you hit or miss them with a strike? Well it's quite simple. You do a /roll.

As you all know your rank determines your power within the Eternal. Below I have included the roll charts for each rank to determine what it takes for that particular rank to hit and what it takes for that rank to miss in an attack.

New Blood: 60+ Hit - 59- Miss
    Shade: 40+ Hit - 39- Miss
    Soldier: 40+ Hit - 39- Miss
    Lord: 30+ Hit - 29- Miss
    Council Member: 20+ Hit - 19- Miss
    The Dark Lord: 15+ Hit - 14- Miss

*Remember: IF YOU'RE STRUCK FIVE TIMES YOU ARE DEFEATED!

But what about defense? If you do an emote where you raise a defense then you're immune from any attack for one turn. When defending you must place a: "(D)" at the end of your emote to show that you're immune from attack for that round.

------------------------------------------

It's a simple system that everyone in the Eternal MUST KNOW. We'll be doing frequent tests to ensure that individuals know the system.